DONATE NOW

  • Image

BDSRA Australia Family Retreat 19 June 2021 - POSTPONED

4 June 2021

Dear Families,

Following the latest official government announcement extending the Victorian 7-day lockdown for another 7 days due to the Covid outbreak in Victoria, BDSRA Australia has made the very difficult decision to postpone the Family Retreat that had been scheduled to take place 19th June 2021. Given the number of Victorian families presently affected by travel restrictions and the number of additional families expressing concerns about travelling in light of this new outbreak, the Management Committee considered that delaying the Retreat until later in the year would be in the best interest of our families and, in particular, our medically vulnerable children. Although we cannot know what will happen in two weeks, by making the decision to postpone now we are ensuring that we have a choice to reschedule to later in the year – rather than losing our money if the event is cancelled or families drop out closer to the date.

We desperately hope to be able to reschedule the event to Spring/ Summer 2021. We are working with all venues and suppliers to secure new dates and once we are in a position to provide further advice we will be in touch. For any families who have paid for the Friday night dinner and additional accommodation, we will be in touch shortly to organise refunds for you.

If you have any queries, worries or concerns, or just want to vent at this difficult time, please contact Liz at first instance at support@bdsraaustralia.org. Thank you to everybody for their continued support and understanding over this difficult decision, which was not made lightly.

Stay safe.